Founded to research and support projects at the Brain Tumor Institute at Children's National Medical Center.
In the past year, LBF has raised over $50,000 all of which has been donated to The Brain Tumor Institute at Children's National Medical Center. Specifically, LBF has funded:
- The Human Proteome Atlas Stable Isotope Labeling in Cell Culture
- A stipend to support a research scientist
- Research supporting the investigation of a protein found in the cerebrospinal fluid of children with tumors
- Targeted Mass Spectrometry
- Over $3,000 in medical equipment
In late September of 2009, sweet Lila was diagnosed with brain cancer. The doctors believe it is likely that she was born with this tumor. It is a multi-focal, Grade 2 astrocytoma.
In October 2009, Lila began the first of 10 rounds of very intense chemotherapy treatments. They involved her being at the hospital for three, 8-hour days of treatment every 4 weeks. We saw results and stability with these drugs. Lila's doctors were very encouraged by the results.
- Saturday, October 19th
Lilabean Fall Ball at the home of Gary and Jennifer Cook. Click here to preview some of the Lilabean Foundation Fall Ball Auction items...
- Save the Date
Saturday: May 17th
St. Michaels Running Festival- For the 2nd year, LBF will be partnering with Nationwide Insurance to raise funds to benefit Pediatric Brain Cancer!